Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Seth!


Today is Seth's 8th birthday! Wow, having kids that are now grown up is making me feel old. Seth is full of energy and wants to be a part of everything. He keeps us on our toes! The song playing, Mr. Roboto, is Seth's favorite to sing on Band Hero, another hysterical scene!

Have you gone to the bathroom yet? those of you who know Seth well, will have a great laugh!

Conversation between me and Seth last night while trying to get him into the shower:

Seth standing on the toilet seat in his boxer-brief underwear looking at himself. I walk up and he tells me tomorrow he is going to tan. What? "I am going to tan. Wear my pajama bottoms and sit out side."

He continues to look at himself and says, "I want one of those swimming suits that look like underwear." WHAT? "you know, the kind that are tight and look like underwear."

I said, "those are called speedos. the really tight ones?"

Seth: "Ya, the ones that are like underwear that go like this." he is making the motions of a speedo shape around his body. Mind you, he is still standing on the toilet seat.

"I want one for my birthday tomorrow. Maybe Kelly (his best friend) could get me one for my birthday!"

Me: "uh, no! I don't think you can even get one around here, and that fast, to give for your birthday!" giggle, giggle (Kelly is giving him a gift card to GameStop, which do you think he would like better :)

Later Paige asks him why he wants one. He said, "So I can show my muscles, I want my muscles showing. I have muscles."

Right before bed, 2 hours later, Seth is again standing on the toilet looking at himself in his underwear, FLEXING HIS MUSCLES!!!! hysterical, wish I had the video camera on. He also wants to show off his boney chest! He thinks it's cool :)


One more funny thing. A couple of days ago I am again trying to get Seth into the shower and he is undressing. He says, "I was a real person today, because I kept my clothes on all day and I am going to sleep with pajamas on!" We are lucky if he keeps all his clothes on in the car on the way home from school. He has been known to run from the car to the house in his underwear. That gives you a glimpse of what we see at our house. A lot of Seth in his underwear :)

Happy Birthday Seth!

6 comments:

Kendra said...

I had to move the cursor around to find the comment link to show up... That was a hilarious story. I can just see it. Sorry we didn't get him a Speedo. I'm Matt would love to have his little boy running around the beach in one. I hope you guys have fun tonight.
p.s. Lauren says he can use our gift card to buy a Speedo. I've never seen one at Target but who knows :)

Aimee Hardy said...

That is awesome. What a crack up. I can totally picture him standing on the toilet imagining himself in a speedo. Love it!

Happy Birthday Seth!

Unknown said...

My gosh!!! You'll have to get him a 12 speed bike too so he can ride to school on it in his spedos :-) Tell him happy birthday and we'll see you in a few days.

Susan said...

Crazy boy! That's really funny at 8, but would scare me at 16 :) Sorry, we didn't send a Speedo either. Happy Birthday to Muscle Boy

Carrie said...

No speedo from us, either, sorry.
That story is a classic. You'll have to tell his future girlfriends that one! :)
Happy B-day Sethy!

Carrie said...

Great picture of Seth in the snow, btw. Good job!