Friday, October 19, 2007

Back on the trail

The first picture on my blog is on the same mountain top that my friend Katrina and I were hiking last winter and spring. We saw our first snake in May and gave up for the summer. It wasn't a rattlesnake but we weren't going to wait around to see one. So now that it is cooling off we started again. We hike it once a week and man what a feeling of accomplishment. It takes us about 40 minutes to get up, on a good day, and half an hour to get down. But the view is amazing. On a clear day you can see the ocean toward Santa Monica and the ocean out toward Ventura (not many of those days). So we are back on the trail!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

OKAY!! I'm super impressed.

Kendra said...

You go girl!!

Dion said...

You rock!

Leslie said...

Is totday's fire on the other side of the mountains from you? Take care.

Carrie said...

I'm feeling motivated... wait, it's gone now. :)