Seth turned 8 and started cub scouts! He is loving it and even got his first belt award (biking) at his first pack meeting. He is so excited about wearing the uniform and making sure I put on all the patches he needs to look just like the other boys. I am learning as we go, but I know nothing about scouts!! Should be fun!
Davidson Family Reunion 2024
2 years ago

6 comments:
Way to go Seth. I'm totally clueless, too. I tried sewing on the patches and got frustrated so I used super glue. That worked until I washed it :). I used fabric glue and so far, so good :). Now that we have scouting boys we have to worry about being called to be in some sort of scout calling :)
He does look happy. That's the smallest shirt they had? He'll have lots of time to grow into it. I missed out on all that boy scout stuff.
I didn't mean that to sound rude...he's such a cute little stick.
Just take that shirt and the patches to the dry cleaners. :-) If you lived by ME I would sew them on for you :-) Plus, if you lived by me, I could fill you in, considering that I'm SURROUNDED by Eagle Scouts (all 6 of my brothers AND my hubby). It's all coming back VERY quickly. Little man was like "how do you know how to do all this" and I'm like, "boy, you have NO idea..." :-) Hubby was SOOOOOO excited about doing Pinewood Derby. He and little man had soooooo much fun getting that car together! :-)
Off subject, my kids are saving up their allowance to buy a dog! LOL Guess it's time to stop paying them :-)
Eek! I don't know what to do with Ian and scouts in a couple months, either. Luckily James is in scouts (11 year olds) so he can take charge of that. :)
I love Cub Scouts! I just got released after 1 1/2 years of playing every week with fifteen 8 and 9 year old boys! It was the best calling ever! I am sure Seth will love it. Good luck with the patches, they are a beast to sew on.
Post a Comment