Well, it's the fourth night and day Paige has been gone. The Fifth graders go to outdoor education for the whole week. (aka Biggest Loser Campus from previous post) We have been thinking about it for the past 2 years. In third grade she said there was no way she would go to Outdoor ed. when she was in fifth grade. In fourth grade she entertained the idea and it sounded kind of fun, except the food. This year there was never any talk that she wasn't going and she was excited to go. Well, after years of putting it off, I had to deal with it head on this week. The main issue of food was solved when the health nurse told us she could bring some extra food to keep in the kitchen when she needed it. So off she went Monday morning on the bus. While she waved happily from the window, I was excited for her. We sent letters every day and yes, I did drive onto the grounds one day just to check up on them. They were way across the field playing fun games and it was just reassuring to see the kids from afar. (It's only 2 miles away, I'm not that psycho mom) We have missed her greatly and can't wait to hear of her wonderful adventures at outdoor ed. She will be very tired and hungry I'm sure, but hopefully she made memories to last a lifetime. She took a camera, so she will be blogging all about it when she gets home! I can't wait until Friday at 12:30pm!!!
Davidson Family Reunion 2024
2 years ago

4 comments:
This is awesome. I can't wait to hear about it. It would be hard to let them go but definitely a good experience.
I want to know how many times Matt has done a drive by. I can imagine that he could be THAT psycho dad. :)
I know, I know, you were just in the neighborhood! It's good that they wait until 5th grade, so the parents can handle having them gone for a few days :}
I bet Seth is loved having time as an "only child."
Post a Comment