My Grandpa Brodine passed away over the weekend. I kept waiting to post this picture and a comment because I would start crying every time I pulled up my sisters blogs and thought I would wait until it got easier. Not getting any easier, so here is a great picture of us with Grandpa at Jamestown square last summer feeding the ducks. We will miss him greatly. My sister put a few memories on her blog, and the first thing that came into my mind was how he taught me to whistle with my hands cupped together and blowing through my thumbs. I was probablyPaige's age and I thought this was the greatest thing. Unfortunately for my family we had a long car ride home from Prescott, AZ. I was sure annoying! Thanks Grandpa!
Davidson Family Reunion 2024
2 years ago

8 comments:
We send you our condolences - he sounds like he was a fun grandpa!
Yeah. Thanks, Grandpa, for teaching Gwen that fun trick. It was a VERY long and ANNOYING drive home. Great picture! We're looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one crying after looking at Carrie's blog. I am really sorry for your loss. At least your kids got to know him and will have a few memories!
I love that picture! I don't remember you doing the whistle thing, I can remember lot's of other annoying things though :) We are excited to see you this weekend. We wish it was under different circumstances.
I love hearing the things you remember. We should tape some of this stuff while we're all together this weekend.
Gwen, I'm so sorry. Memories are the best gifts. Let me know if I can do anything for you or the kids.
Gwen, so sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing. How wonderful to have those memories and pictures of him with you and your kids.
Post a Comment