
Oops! we came home a little sunburned today. We didn't reapply the sunscreen on the legs and so Paige burned her upper legs and rear. ouch. I got the top half, chest and back. No burned faces or backs for the kids though! Rashguards are the best investment! We had a blast today though! Paige spent most of the day in the water boogie boarding and body surfing with her friend, while Seth was in and out of the water, but mostly playing in the sand. Unfortunately this is where he stepped on a bee and got stung, another ouch! He was good to let my friend pull out the stinger after she numbed it up with ice.
I did really good last year to keep the kids from getting sunburned, so I am disappointed that I let it happen on our first day. It will be the first and last of the Summer! We had a fun time with 4 of our friends joining us. Happy Summer.
Oh, I almost forgot, today was supposed to be 107 at and near our house (The Valley). When Matt was driving through "The Valley" today he called to tell me his car temp said 118!!!!! Yes, that is not a typo! Crazy. So I am about to watch the news to see the final say. They said 109, still way too hot. and tomorrow it says 111, and the caption under the temp says "hotter than heck", that's a nice way of putting it.

3 comments:
FUN! Sorry we missed you but we hope to catch you soon. Rash guards are definitely worth every penny!
You guys live in a sweet paradise! We'll trade you. :) The beach looks awesome.
Rash guards are the BEST EVER! I don't even let my kids play in their swim suits anymore with out one on. They save so much agony putting on the sunscreen and hey, they end up saving money too, because you aren't using sooooo much sunscreen. I don't know about you, but I lather the stuff on them!
Post a Comment