Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summertime


Will Smith song for those of you who don't know. I always sing this line in my head when I think of Summer! I was a fan before he was a big movie star! :)

WELL, IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!! Summer! Today was the last day of school. I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off the last few days. Volunteering, Dentist, getting teacher gifts, getting last minute things for end of school parties, going to Paige's 5 hour, end of 5th grade park day party (it was 100 degrees that day :(, not getting my hair done as planned because my daughter REALLY wanted me to help with the party, being in charge of Seth's end of school party, missing the end of that to run to Paige's graduation ceremony (indoors), and melting in the hot Summer sun!!!

School ended at 12:20 and it was HOT!!!! We were supposed to go swimming at a friends house to celebrate, but by the time we got home and cooled off they didn't want to leave the house. I was okay with that. So we relaxed inside with the A/C cranked up! Matt said his car said 107!!! Crazy! My car said 64 and then slowly inched to 70, I wish. Obviously mine is broken. So tonight on the news they said we did get to 107 and it will be the same the next 2 days!! Guess where we are headed! This was planned before it was going to be this hot, but all the more reason to go to the BEACH!!!! Sun, Surf, and Sand here we come. Yay Summertime!

I have lot's of pictures to post from the last few days, but I am too lazy and will do it another day. So enjoy the summer sun and join us at the beach :p

4 comments:

Karyn said...

I am so glad you guys are FINALLY out of school. I want to join you.

Kendra said...

Yea!! You all survived. Now the fun begins. Happy summer. Can't wait to see you all soon. :)

Carrie said...

Ah, the good ol' days of Fresh Prince and later, too.
I don't envy the 107, but the beach sound REALLY nice right about now!

Michele said...

I haven't heard that song in a long time!! I would love to have that summer back where we did NOTHING!! That was a great summer. :) Welcome to summer! See you soon!!