Well, we are back from Sunriver, but the last day brought a crying boy who crashed his bike! We had made it all week with minor spills, but Seth also realized he could take one hand off the handlebars briefly. I told him over and over "Keep both hands on the handlebars!" We all went for a bike ride to the airport to watch the "Fly in" (15 of us) on Saturday morning. I was a few people in back of Seth and down he went. Unfortunately he fell on his arm. Later that day he insisted he ride the bike again, and did! We were leaving the next morning and he wasn't complaining anymore so I figured he could see the doctor when we got home.
Today he got x-rays and the doctor couldn't see a break, but it is swollen around the elbow and that is where the growth plates are. Even though the dr. couldn't see one doesn't mean it isn't broken, so he put a cast on it! bummer. We just got home and we were gearing up for the month of August to be beach month. It will just be with a cast :( The dr.'s office had just gotten water proof covers for casts today, so I got one to keep the sand out. We'll see how it works. Pictures of the fun we had in Sunriver to come!

4 comments:
Oh Sethie! Sorry to hear it is broken. The was quite a crash you had. Like the green cast, but I hope it won't be on too long. Love, Gma
He knew it was broken the minute he fell and I guess he was right! So sorry Seth. "I can ride my bike with no handle bars, no handle bars...."
Poor Seth-nice cast though!
At least you can get a waterproof cast/cover. It will just be hot and itchy! Keep on riding Seth!!
Post a Comment