Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Best Day Ever


We planned to go to the beach Monday, good choice. The forcast was 100 at our house and 80 at the beach with no fog. We got an early start and got to the beach by 11am. Here is our routine: Pull everything out of the car (beach chairs, toys, umbrella, shovel, 3 boogie boards), pile it all on the boogie boards, drag them across 50yds of sand, sunscreen kids who are begging to get in the water, tell kids over and over they can't get in until the sunscreen dries and I set up shop, Set everything up, tell the kids they can go in the water, I open the cooler and crack open my first Diet Dr Pepper. A great start to the day. We go with my friend Katrina who has the same age and gender kids I do, so we are set. After about an hour the kids are begging me to get in. I grab the boogie board and head out. The waves were really strong and so it was really fun to catch some great ones with Paige. We usually pack up around 4-4:30 but it was so beautiful and the crowds were dying down, so I told my friend let's just sit here until they want to leave. They were done with the water but enjoying fun made up games with a little football. What a day! We left the beach around 6:30 and made it home just before 7pm. Wow!! I threw the kids in the shower to rinse off the buckets of sand. Matt called around 8 and asked what the schedule for the night was, I sheepishly said "eat dinner and get ready for bed" his response "you haven't had dinner yet?" Well, when you get home at seven from the beach that's the way life goes. If you did they math, yes, 7 1/2 hours at the beach. Like I said, BEST DAY EVER!!! Sorry to rub it in, but any of you are more than welcome to come and visit. September is still great beach weather!!
ps-I took a short video with my camera but couldn't upload it. If anyone knows how let me know



They buried themselves at least twice that day.


4 comments:

Kendra said...

Lauren keeps asking when we can move to So. Cal. This isn't helping :) Looks like lots of (free) fun!!

Carrie said...

Looks like fun. At this stage in my life it is exhausting just reading about it. We'll have to come visit so Paige and Seth can teach my yayhoo's how to play in the ocean.

Susan said...

That looks like SO MUCH fun. I used to love to boogie board, if you can imagine that. Best day ever, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Well, don't you have it all? Sounds like a blast. Your kids are darling. I am forwarding this to Christy and Angie.