Friday, September 7, 2007

Labor Day weekend

When you combine 105-110 degree weather all week and then add on the labor day weekend, this is what you get!! Everyone heads to the beach. We go to the beach every labor day and therefore know that you get there before noon and leave by 2. Since it had been so hot we actually went Saturday. After the kids got in the water I realized I brought everything but the towels, oops, kindof important. So I ran down to the surf shop van at the entrance and got some towels. 30 minutes later Seth pushed a metal shovel into his foot. Ouch! His day was ruined. So we said we would return on Monday. Which wasn't a bad thing since it was still 108 at our house. We got there by 10:15 and got stuck in a 20 minute wait to get through the gate, I am sure it only got worse. By 1:30 we packed it up. I couldn't figure out why someone didn't snatch up our parking spot like they were doing on Saturday. We found out as we passed the big "lot closed" sign at every entrance. Luckily we were headed south to get home, because the north bound PCH was a slow traffic jam. We turned left to go up the canyon and passed all those fools waiting to get to the PCH, probably a 4 mile back up. We had a great day though. The weather finally cooled off by mid week. Just in time for our first soccer games.







Matt boarding with the kids.

Paige and Gwen

2 comments:

Kendra said...

You know you've become a true southern californian when you know how to work the whole beach thing. Looks fun!! The first picture with all the umbrellas looks insane. That was definately the place to be.

Anonymous said...

Didn't look ANYTHING like that when I went with the kids in March, thank goodness. Glad the heat has broken. Now I guess it's fire season?