Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Flower Fields

Carlsbad, CA
Ranunculus
The Hills
Cheese
Sweet Pea Maze
Wow!
Us with Karyn, Korbyn, Colton, Jessica and Calvin Hall
We had a fun excursion last week to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. I can't remember where I heard about them, but I wanted to go see them during the kids spring break. It is near San Diego, so the drive is a little long for a day trip, so we called our friends, the Henderson's, and invited ourselves to come and play and spend the night to break up the drive. The kids had such a fun time, as did I, with them! thanks Henderson's!! The next morning we were off to the flower fields. BEAUTIFUL!!! It is 50 acres of blooming ranunculus flowers across the hill over looking the ocean! (March-May) I invited my friend Karyn to come along, and she made the trek. We were a little obsessed with getting pictures of our kids with the flowers in the background, but all in all had a great time. Next time I will plan to be there longer so that I don't feel so rushed at the end to get everything in before hitting the road to sit in traffic. A very fun outing for everyone!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

That looks like it is amazing! I would love to see that some time. I would like to see the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, but I refuse to pay $10 per adult and $6 for kids 3-12. :(

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a fun day. We've seen the fields but never in bloom. Did you know that you were about a mile from the condo where we met you when Paige was about a year old? It was down to the coast road and north a tiny bit. Such a pretty area.

Summer said...

What a great place to visit! Beautiful pictures! Sometime when we visit my Dad we'll have to see that place.

Michele said...

How beautiful!!! That would be cool to see! Now I really want spring and NO MORE SNOW!!!

Kendra said...

Wow! It looks so incredibly beautiful. It's so nice to see things blooming. We are still a few weeks away from anything blooming. At least in our neck of the woods. It reminds me of the tulip fields in Holland. That's one of the few things I remember.

Karyn said...

This was so pretty and fun to see. Thanks for inviting us. It was lots of fun. I'd like to go again. It looked like there was a photo area or something that we missed. It listed it on the kids map but I didn't see it when we were there. hmm?? It was beautiful though and the kids slept the whole way home so traffic was a breeze. Thanks again. We enjoyed it.

Aimee Hardy said...

That looks like so much fun. Makes me wish we lived closer so we could tag along.

Aimee Hardy said...

That looks like so much fun. Makes me wish we lived closer so we could tag along.