Seth's class had a reptile guy come and show some interesting animals. I stayed around to get some pictures for the class yearbook page. I didn't know I would become part of the show. Luckily it was only bearded lizards instead of the tarantula he had at the beginning :( The kids loved the reptiles and had fun participating. Seth's teacher does not like snakes, but the guy handed her one to hold and she grudgingly (?) did. She almost inspired me to get over the spider phobia and touch the tarantula! Yeah, that feeling passed quickly!! It seems like my sisters and I have hit the winter blues and paused our posts. They have had sick families and been sick themselves, what's my excuse? Here's to updating my blog quicker!
Davidson Family Reunion 2024
2 years ago

6 comments:
What a good mom you are!! I couldn't even look at a tarantula. I'm amazed you entertained the thought of touching it!!
WOW! You are so much more woman than I am. That is so utterly disgusting. I used to do this stuff when I was a kid but Now I don't have to-I have boys for that. :) When I was in 5th grade my teacher had a boa and I sat by the cage-YUCK. We were allowed to hold it at recess. Is that legal? It was bigger than me. I watched it eat mice all day. So gross. We used to pick up scorpions(we used a cup with these), horny toads, snakes, you name it. Jeff used to have snakes, and a water monitor named "Killer" when we were first married. Ya! That ended quickly. I hate reptiles. Jeff loves them. We bought the kids a little turtle and it was cool. I have these germ issues though and turtles are covered in them. :) So, I like my puppy. I am so impressed that you let them on you. That is cool. And I am happy to see your post.
You are a good mom!! Holly is too girly to even come close and Noelle would have to see how big the reptile is so that she wouldn't be dinner. Keep doing the good mom things to make up for me!
Nice going Gwen!!!!
I'm a reptile guy but not a spider guy. I don't mind looking at them but I wouldn't want to have a big hairy one crawling on me :-)
Looks like a fun time. I'm like Kendra, I wouldn't even be able to look at the tarantula. The lizard look cool though.
This is the fist time in about five days that I have sat at the computer. No fun being sick sick sick.
You are a way better mom than me. I have a "no reptiles on my head" policy.
Post a Comment