Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day


Growing up we would go to McDonald's in March and get a Shamrock Shake!! Well, I remeber me and my dad getting them, I don't know about my sisters. So when I heard a commercial for them on the radio it sounded really good. I couldn't remember the last time I had one. So the next time we stopped to get drive through ice cream cones, I ordered myself a shamrock shake! Yum, well, not really. My memory thought it tasted better. Ice cream has sure come a long way, peppermint Christmas ice cream, girl scout cookie ice cream! Now those are good! But I did feel like a kid again going to the McD's in AF!!!

ps-I remember going to McD's maybe once a month, not twice a week. Well, we drive by it every day to get home, that's my excuse!

9 comments:

Kendra said...

I don't remember ever thinking they tasted good. Did you get fries to dip in it? Josh is still trying to pinch me today and saying it's still "Patricks" day. He watches too much Sponge Bob!

Carrie said...

I got the shamrock shakes, too. I remember them being more minty. I got one a couple years ago, thinking they were yummy, but was a little dissapointed, too. Happy St. Patty's!

Susan said...

Do you remember going to the Milpitas McD's on sing-a-long night with Gram? All those older folks (who were probably just a LITTLE older than I am now!) who came each week to sing...the regulars. Pretty small town stuff in a metro area.

Susan said...

Remember the sing-a-long nights at the Milpitas McD? Gram really liked to come out for those.

Susan said...

Oh, I forgot that you have a guard on your comments. I thought it just didn't register for some unknown (to me) reason. Well...do you remember :}

Karyn said...

How fun. I think I might have had one of these once. I always liked vanilla. I am so plain. It sounds good now though.

Unknown said...

Yep, boy, those were the good old days :-) I don't think that I'd get one now though, but I sure would chocolate!!!

Gwen said...

Yes I remember the sing alongs. Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree!

Denise said...

ewww, Gwen, ewww...