Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TAN festival

Paige in her Sari
Presenting her info at the festival

Fun at the Festival
Paige has been preparing long and hard for the TAN festival. TAN stands for Then And Now (ancient and modern). They had to pick a partner and a country that they had studied this year and gather info and do projects to share with the whole 6th grade and parents. She and her partner, oops forgot to take a pic of them together, worked for over a month to make a time line, ancient and modern day flags, travel brochures, a mini taj mahal, and costumes. It was fun to see all their hard work along with all of the other kids. Great job girls!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

That's so impressive! What a great experience. Music to go with the pictures...nice touch.

Unknown said...

Nice job Paige!!! Man, what a lot of work that was and the Taj Mahal to boot. You need a close up of the Taj :-)

Karyn said...

Very well done Paige! We have been out of school since May 21st, when are you guys out? It is so weird to think of you guys still in school. I hope after all of that hard work you have big summer plans!

Carrie said...

Poor things, still in school. ;p
Wow, great work Paige! I'd give you and A+ for sure. I want to see a close up of the Taj, too.

laurensd said...

Awsome paige!!!!! I bet that was fun! I always see all the fun things that you get to do at your school and I'm always so jelous! I hope we get to have those fun thing in middle school like you do.
I feel bad for you. Still in school? Well at least you like school! I would be dyeing if my school was still going! When do you get out of school?

Seth & Paige said...

I get out of school June 17! YAY! This Wednesday! Then Seth got his yearbook on Friday and I get mine tomorrow! I'll bring our yearbooks to Utah. I knew my principal was Morman, but it was still funny because I saw her at Stake Conference today!