Despite a few major setbacks, we had a very nice Thanksgiving day. I ordered a Honeybaked Ham, and was going to pick up Marie Calendar pies. I usaully pick everything up on Tuesday to avoid the major crowds, but we went to Disneyland with Gma and Gpa that day so we pushed it to Wednesday morning and prepared for some lines. The first blow was when I walked up to the Honeybaked Ham store and it was totally gutted. What??? My reaction too! The sign on the door told of the nearest stores, 30 minutes north or 30 minutes south. While I was standing there at least 4 more people came by and were in the same boat. Who had we called and where were our hams. The woman at Trader Joe's said it had closed about 2 months ago! Off to Marie Calendars. Way too long of line. Grandma saves the day by making her own pumpkin pie and Paige and Seth helped. Doesn't it look great? Thank goodness for people who cook! When we got home I called the number I had for HB Ham and told them my frustration. The girl told me I could pick it up there. "Where is there, and where are you?!!" I said. Needless to say I will be calling the corporate office next week and ask who had the bright idea of forwarding the phone # to a store 30 minutes away without notifying the people ordering on the other end. But Albertson's sells a great ham! :) and it's only minutes away. Thanks to Grandma we had a wonderful meal and a pretty relaxing day.
Tomorrow we are "Off to see the Wizard" I mean Wicked. Should be fun!

4 comments:
Gwen doesn't give herself enough credit! It was a great day and she was cooking away in the kitchen, too. Paige helped make the Stove Top stuffing with her mom and set that beautiful table. Matt was the king of kitchen clean-up. Thanks to the Hardys for a great Thankgiving holiday week!!!
Glad it all worked out. I think I might have been in tears if had to go through that frustration. Sounds like you all are having a great week.
Wow, that is horrible. How nice it is to have your mom there to help though. It's amazing how everything all works out in the end and now you all have some great memories.
Did Paige eat any of the stuffing or Pumpkin Pie? :) Glad you had a nice warm Thanksgiving. I think we should ALL go down next year :) (just kidding, Matt)
Post a Comment