This summer we bought Paige new tennis shoes. By the time she put them on a few weeks later they didn't feel right. Ok, so I returned them. School was about to start, so we went out and bought 2 more pairs of shoes. First day of school comes and she puts on the cute pink and white addidas. "They don't fit right, too tight". OK, are you sure, we just bought them a couple weeks ago? Luckily the slip ons were fine. We make the special trip to the Skechers store spend lots of time looking, trying, making sure. One of the problems was that she was right between girls and womens. I felt sad telling my 9 yr old, at the time, to disregard those cute sparkly blue or pink shoes on that side of the store and to focus on the ladies shoes that are severly lacking in what a young girl wants. Luckily they had some white ones with a few rhinestones, and a cute pair of black converse type shoes. We started by trying the 6 1/2, then asked for the 7, then had to ask for the 7 1/2!! My she's growing by the minute the guy said. This must be true!! because 3 weeks later they don't fit right! AARRGG! "Are you sure they don't fit? we just got them. where are they too tight?" We haven't had time or luck finding new tennis shoes, but she needs them for PE. When coach C said "the pink sparkly slip on shoes are okay but not great" as Paige tried to sit on her shoes so the coach wouldn't remember they were hers, it was time to get serious. Long story longer, she went to tennis and didn't have anything but the pink sparkly shoes, so I suggested trying on my size 8 1/2 shoes with some thick socks. They worked and she even wore them to school on Wed. for PE! Her feet are growing by the minute! She even wants to share shoes :)
Davidson Family Reunion 2024
2 years ago


8 comments:
Wow!! Soon she can wear my size 9. Lauren's been at a 2 1/2 forever. We can't seem to grow feet or teeth on her. The good thing is Paige should max out soon and be the same size the rest of her life. You'll only have to buy new shoes when she wares them out not when she grows out of them :)
And so it begins. I guess if she keeps growing, you can wear her hand-me-downs. I'm a 10, so it's possible she will keep going. But I also have shoes that are years old, not months.
My goodness! I think Eliza has finally reached size 13. Maybe she'll be at a 1 soon! Good luck!
She went from a 4 girls to 8 womens in 8 months!
Girls will do anything for a new pair of shoes. :)
I can share 12s with her. And don't believe your feet don't get bigger. I was a ten in high school and an 11 when I worked in retailing in my 20s. After having children I went to a 13. Of course maybe I was always a twelve but couldn't find shoes that size till I moved up here to the Land of Nordstrom.
No NO I never went to 13-that's a typo.
Totally going through this with Rachel right now! So frustrating. On the up side, though -- I guess this means they are healthy, right?
Post a Comment