Saturday, February 2, 2008

Biggest Loser Ranch

Not my favorite team, but who I think will win
Working out
Biggest Loser Gym
View from our hike
I am a huge fan of the biggest loser. I always watch it, unfortunately while I am downing something unhealthy. The first few seasons were taped at a mansion in Simi Valley, 30 North of us. A few seasons ago, it looked like they taped closer to the ocean in Ventura area. You know that it is always in the LA area because their challenges are local places. The last challenge with the escalators was off Howard Hughes Parkway at The Bridge shopping and theaters down by LAX, been there. Well, Paige has outdoor ed. coming up this Spring and they had to change the location from years past. They decided on King Gillette Ranch. Luckily it is only a few miles down the road off Mulholland Hwy and Las Virgenes Rd. They had a parent orientation last weekend to see the place and ask questions. I sent Matt since he was so full of questions to make sure his precious daughter would be okay for a week away from us. He called after the tour and asked me if I knew that that is where Biggest Loser is taped. Uh, NO!!! He said, "Yeah, there are these banners with peoples names and goals." It is owned by the state and is a public state park in the Santa Monica mtns. So today we drove over there to show Paige were she would be staying and hiking. Of course I took my camera. We took a beautiful hike up to the top of a mtn and could see back down over the ranch. Everything was so green because of all the rain. How cool, I thought!




7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! Who knew it was just down the road! It would be fun to see it. When the show was first announced I was afraid it might demoralizing, but it's so positive and you are really cheering for them.

Kendra said...

Cool. I am so addicted to watching the show, too. I'm hoping a girl will win this time. I can't believe the school will let a 10-year-old go away for a week! I'd do it myself in a second. Especially if Bob or Jillian were there :)

Carrie said...

This is the first season that I've really watched (thanks tivo). It's quited motivating. Cool that you got to go see it!

Michele said...

That is so cool! It really makes the place I went for outdoor ed look like a homeless camp! Looks like Paige is going to have a good time! The show keeps me going to the gym. Wish I had Jillian to kick my rear!!

Anonymous said...

If you go back, say HI to Bob for me! I love him, and that show. Though, like you, i usually am eating something 'bad' while watching. But at least i'm cheering them on....right? :)

Karyn said...

This is so cool. How fun for Paige and how fun that you were able to go see it. I think it will be great. It is amazing all of the little things that are hidden in the hills around us.

Denise said...

How beautiful that place is.