Sunday, August 31, 2008

School Starts!









We had a fun but crazy summer. Sickness, vacation, sickness, vacation, sickness, broken arm, and more sickness. We were all ready for school to start again. Paige registered for Middle School last week and was excited and nervous. We got her schedule and mapped out her classes, and she felt good about it. Monday night I went to Seth's school to find out his teacher and have back to school night. He got the teacher he wanted and his 2 best friends in his class. We couldn't ask for more.

We took Seth first at 8am and walked him to his line (everybody meets on the playground with their class for announcements and pledge of allegiance) we walked him to class and got him situated and then he told us "Tomorrow I want you to just do the drop off!" (you drive up and drop them off at the curb and they go to their line by themselves) Me: UH, no. I want to make sure everything is okay. Seth: Then Friday! He was very adamant. I'm sure come Tuesday he will demand to be dropped off!

Paige was nervous and didn't want me to take any pictures from the car as I dropped her off. The 6th graders were meeting at the gym for an orientation the first hour and she found a friend standing out front. As I pulled away I saw 2 of her friends parents walking their kids up, so I parked and went to make sure everything was okay :) I even got them all to pose for a picture! I don't think I embarrassed her too much. She really liked the first 3 days and I think she is excited for a fun year!

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine, I think we all are!

9 comments:

Scatcat said...

Boohoo! I wish my girl was in that picture..! :-) Oh well, we have our first day tomorrow so I'll be reporting on how that goes :-)

Susan said...

Wow! Two schools on your morning run. You've hit the big time. It's always exciting to start a new year. Thanks for the pictures. What does Paige have in her backpack??

Kendra said...

The both look cute and happy. I hope they have a good year! Paige's haircut looks cute :)

Carrie said...

Congrats on the new year! What are you going to do with all your kid free time?!

Susan said...

I love Paige's hair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gwen I hope you dont care that I am looking at your blog, I nice to see what you guys are up to in sunny Cal. Makena just started seventh grade and in some parts of Utah it is the first year of junior high, anyway hey we have a blog to if you want to view it, it is kamilarson.blogspot.com.
your cousin kami

Denise said...

They're very cute. Hard to believe that Paige is in middle school, though!

Karyn said...

I remember my kids meeting on the playground last year. I hope they have a good year. I didn't get any pictures of the first day of school so now I have to stage some. shhh...don't tell anyone. ha ha

I am so glad my kids are all at the same school though. It is time consuming to run them around from school to school. Have a great year you guys! We miss you!

Elizabeth said...

Paige looks so grown up! I went to the Hannah Montana concert and thought of her - tell her I say hello :)