Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rose Parade Floats

We drove out to Pasadena on January 2nd to see the Tournament of Roses floats. They line them up along 2 miles of streets and you can meander through and look at the floats up close. It was a beautiful day and the kids even got hot. We parked at the Rose Bowl and then took the shuttle (school bus) to the venue. The floats are amazing and you just can't believe that everything is made from flowers, trees, etc. The detail and textures were amazing! We saw the circus train, sesame street, Long Beach Aquarium, and the woman who lived in a shoe to name just a few. A few years ago we went a day before the parade and watched them putting the floats together. That was very cool too. The pictures don't do them justice, but take a look.









3 comments:

Michele said...

I wondered if you ever ventured out to see the Rose parade! That would be an amazing parade. I think it could just ruin our beautiful Strawberry Days parade for us!!

Susan said...

Gorgeous! It was fun to see them being made, but I'd love to see them finished, too. Dad and I went to the Rose Parade..stayed up all night on Colorado Blvd. which is the REAL show during the night. Wild, but I was too tired to care much about the parade after the first 30 minutes :)

Carrie said...

I think I would rather walk around looking at them than watch the actual parade. It's amazing what they can do!